Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good Friday

I was planning to go to my family breakfast this morning (we eat breakfast at Towne Crier every Friday morning. We have done so since about 1996!), but I went to bed at about 1 am. I am the kind of girl who needs 8 hours, or I cannot function the next day! Plus, last night I started working on Kate sleeping through the night again. With her being sick so much lately (and a hotel stay in Austin), she has spent a lot of nights out of routine. I decided it was time to get back to the schedule. So she spent a lot of the night in tears. I hate this part!! I am hoping it will only take a couple nights to get her back to sleeping well in her own bed.

Between the kids being sick on and off and being out of town, this morning was my FIFTH breakfast in a row to miss. I am really hoping to get back to it by next Friday. I miss catching up with the family over a cup of hot tea and a waffle!



When I did wake up, I realized I was feeling a little cooped up after Elijah’s sick day yesterday. He and I decided it would be a good day to take in a matinee. It turned out to be just what the ‘witch doctor’ ordered… Alvin and the Chipmunks were a perfect, silly escape! I enjoyed seeing Elijah laugh so much.



I cleaned out my closet this afternoon – it had been bugging me for forever, so I finally buckled down and got it done while the kids were napping. I got rid of a lot of clothes and packed up the remaining maternity clothes that were still in my closet. Sorry I don’t have a ‘before’ picture to show you, but here is how it looks now. Believe me, it was needed!



I suppose the biggest news of the day is that Kate has another tooth! I thought I noticed it on Wednesday, but it was hard to get a good glimpse. Today, I am certain it is there.

Second Tooth: Lower Right Center

Date: February 20, 2008


Here are some things she is working on right now:


  1. Learning to wave her hand for “hi!”

  2. Learning to look at the right person when we ask her, “Where’s Daddy?” “Where’s Mama?” “Where’s Elijah?”

  3. Learning to scoot forward (she really wants to crawl… she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth!)

  4. Learning to go from hands and knees to sitting



We are having so much fun!

We are always chronicling the ‘firsts’ of the kids, but I had a couple firsts today: I baked my first ham, and I made my first home-made angel food cake. Both were delicious. And I am lucky to have the best little sous-chef in the world!




No comments: