1. The facelift is here! Don't I look fabulous? Thank you so much, Shauna!
2. I just HAD to share Elijah's bedtime prayer tonight. It was just wonderful. And I thought, "This is what life is all about; this is the meaning of life right here."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear God,
What I'm going to tell you is really important. Thank you for me and my mom. And thank you for everyone. Everyone loves it. Everyone loves the way you are! Let us die so we can come see you. I don't know why I want to come now; you just made me that way. And thank you, God, for colors. Thank you for brown, and blue, and black, and yellow, and green, and orange, and red. But I might see some different colors when I go to Heaven! Thank you for the beautiful rain and the beautiful flowers. Thank you for the rain to grow some more flowers in our backyard. Thank you for the people that know about you. We just had a podcast the other night, and now they know about you. And thank you for the ones who died [in the Bible] and for the one who was your mom [Mary]. And thank you for trees, especially for apple trees. That's funny how can be a flower and then say, 'Bleh! Now I'm a fruit!' How do the flowers turn into fruits, God?
Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wasn't that incredible? Wow, I pray I can have as much wonder, intimacy, joy, and love in my life as Elijah so freely shares.
3. And the other big news is, Kate has officially said her first word!!
On Wednesday afternoon, I thought she said "Yay!" She has recently learned to clap her hands together, so we have been saying "Yay" very often. That afternoon, as she was clapping her hands, she said, "Eeeee!" with just the same intonation! I tried to get her to do it again, but it only happened that once, so I wasn't sure.
But I was playing with her this evening, and was saying "Hi!" and waving my hand at her. She repeated what I said several times, in the same intonation, and high pitched. Lance even agreed, it was official! She was copying me! So looking back on Wednesday, I'm certain that she was intending to say "Yay". I'm going to count that one as her first word. I knew it was coming up soon! I am so excited... Kate's learning to talk means I can really get to know her and share the world in wonderful ways! There is so much good ahead. Thank you, Lord. :)
FIRST WORD: "Yay!"
DATE: March 5, 2008 (age 6 3/4 months)
Thank you for celebrating with me!
3 comments:
You are so welcome!!! I love it! Have an awesome week!
How cute. I loved Elijah's sweet prayer. "Yay!" for Kate's first word! They are both so photogenic!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look! Great job, Shauna!
The new blog look is so fabulous! I just love it.
That was the sweetest prayer. Thanks for sharing. AND, way to go Kate on her first word - so exciting!
Post a Comment