
I know this post may be similar to my last post, but I had another funny conversation with Elijah that just had to be shared!
Tonight after church, I asked him what he learned in Bible class. He said he learned about grace.
"And what is grace?" I asked him.
"I don't remember," he told me.
"It's when God gives you good things even though you're a bad guy," I explained. "Like, what if you pushed Kate down and she got hurt, but I gave you ice cream for a special reward?"
"That would be grace," Elijah said.
"And what if I told you to clean your room, but you said, 'NO! I don't want to!' But I got you a new book for a special reward anyway?"
"That's grace!" he replied.
After he thought for a moment, he said, "We should try that sometime."
I couldn't stop laughing!
2 comments:
Oh, I love the perspective of Elijah! I would have died laughing. The wheels were definitely turning when you were explaining grace. Too cute.
Hey Bicky! Sorry, I didn't respond earlier to your offer about sending your journal on weaning Elijah. (I've been out of town for a few weeks and out of my element.) I'd love to read it and hear your thoughts/feelings about the process. my email is cedishman@gmail.com. Thanks!!
Post a Comment