Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mountains Green, Sparkling Streams

Tomorrow afternoon, my family and I are going to Camp Blue Haven for 2 weeks. After our first year there, we fell in love with the camp, the ministry, the people, the setting, and the time we get to spend with each other and with God! This is our third year to serve as teachers for a two-week session. (These pictures are from last year.)

Lance and I teach one of the high school classes for two hours every morning. After that, we're free to do as we please. It's hard not to grow when you are in a beautiful, peaceful setting, away from the stuff of life, having times of worship, study, encouragement and fellowship all day long.

Elijah has been looking forward to it - he has been counting the days for about a month now! He is at the perfect age for it this year. And this will be Kate's first trip to Blue Haven. We are looking forward to letting her meet many of our good friends!

We will be back June 28 - my internet access will be intermittent, at best, so I may or may not get to post between now and then.

Pray for the teachers, staff, counselors and campers as we all strive to come to know Christ more fully!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mrs. Mays said...

Wow! One of my favorite places on Earth, I have so many amazing memories of Camp Blue Haven. I'm so glad that you guys are a part such a neat experience for so many. Maybe someday I can come visit you!!!

Sara S. said...

Oh, I can't wait to see more pictures of this place. It sounds beautiful. You and your husband are such great examples for the campers. What an experience it will be!

Also, countless 'thanks' for the touching comments lately. They means more than you know.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

I hope you guys have the best summer ever. I am so glad that God put it on my heart to call you and see if you were going to be in big Vegas early!! I love you all. I can't wait to get together when we all get back in Abilene. I am taking Mere Christianity with me to Brazil so get ready for some amazing conversations!!!

Kelly said...

Bicky,

My in-laws are the caretaker and cook at Blue Haven - Denton and Beth Wiggains. I know you are at camp now, but if you get this message, tell them hello and you know me from way back when!

Good to see your blog,
Kelly (Duncan) Wiggains
Haskell S.S. buddy