Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Taking a Stand


These days, Kate is not happy unless she's standing up, or she's on her way to somewhere she can stand up. She's got to be up and seeing what's going on! When we're playing on the floor, she'll grab hold of my hair or my shirt or anything she can reach to pull up to. When I go and get her out of her bed, she is standing up, waiting for me. I'm constantly 'spotting' her for fear that when she lets go to sit down, she'll bump her head on something.

Well, last night, Lance and I got a new understanding of how much Kate wants to stand up. At about 2:45, she woke up and started fussing, as she does sometimes. She cried on and off for about 25 minutes, but I left her alone like you're supposed to, knowing she would fall back asleep on her own if I just waited (and she did). I fell back asleep, too. 

At about 4:30, Lance went in to check on her, and he saw an unbelievable sight! At first glance, all he could see were her little hands holding on to the side of the crib. When he walked towards the bed, he could see that she had fallen asleep standing up! Her head was leaned over to the side, and her cheek was resting on her arm. Can you believe that? Poor baby girl!

Lance got her out of her bed and brought her in with us. I gave her extra hugs and kisses for her great effort!

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so... you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." --Ephesians 6:13

Photobucket

(PS- We are LOVING our new carpet... I feel like I have a real, grown-up house now! But the flash on my camera is not working, so I was unable to get good before/after pictures for you. The good news is, I personally didn't break the camera! That's nice for a change!)

4 comments:

Sara S. said...

What a cute story. I have never seen a baby sleeping standing up! This is such a fun stage and also an anxiety-provoking one. It seems like babies always get bumps and bruises shortly after they learn to pull up. I can't wait to see more pics.

p.s. Your toes and polish look fabulous!

Bicky said...

haha, those are not my feet! i wish they were... i really need a pedi! no, I got that pic online. i may be without more pics for a bit, since my camera is malfunctioning. :( i'll see what I can do to get it fixed or get a new one asap.

Mary Beth said...

No pictures? That is crazy!

Sara S. said...

How funny! I might steal this idea and put a picture like that on my blog and act like it IS my feet!